- ...simplifies and calculates with fractions, powers, roots, and absolute values with (positive and negative) numbers.
- ...simplifies, factorizes, expands, and calculates expressions with variables (including fractions).
Linear formulas, equations and Systems of linear equations (8%)
- ...composes linear formulas.
- ...solves linear equations, or systems thereof, and inequalities.
Quadratic equations and Functions (10%)
- ...solves quadratic equations and equations with roots.
- ...identifies and finds (properties of) the graph of a standard function (e.g. parabola, square root, rational) from its function rule and vice versa.
Exponential functions and logarithms (10%)
- ...simplifies expressions of logarithmic and exponential functions.
- ...knows the exact values of sin/cos/tan of ’special’ angles and uses these and trigonometric rules and identities (including the angle addition formula and sine and cosine rules), as well as symmetry in the unit circle, to calculate exact values of angles or sides in a triangle or of trigonometric expressions.
- ...identifies properties of a trigonometric function from its function rule to draw its graph or from its graph to formulate its function rule.
- ...knows the derivative of standard functions (power, rational, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric).
- ...uses differentiation rules (sum, product, quotient, chain rule) to compute the derivative of a single function or of a product, quotient, sum, or composition of functions.
- ...applies differentiation techniques to find extreme values, including inflection points, of functions.
- ...knows and computes antiderivatives of standard functions (power, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric) and uses integration techniques such as integration by parts or by substitution to calculate indefinite integrals.
- ...calculates definite integrals and applies integration techniques to determine the area
under a curve or between curves.