Connecting to Examity
This process will likely take between 5 to 10 minutes unless you experience technical difficulties (be sure to test your equipment before test day to minimize the chance you’ll have technical issues), in which case we can assist you with fixing your equipment. This time is not subtracted from your exam time.
- Log in: Log in to OMPT and go to Examity 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment and click on Connect to Proctor once the button colour changes to orange.
- System check: We will run a short system check to make sure your webcam, microphone, operating system, browser, and internet speed are up to the requirements.
- Add Examity extension: Click add extension to add Examity extension to your Chrome browser. If you see a puzzle piece in your top right corner, click on it and pin the Examity icon.
- Connect to Proctor: You will be asked to share your screen and the proctor will guide you through the authentication process, which will include showing a valid ID, 360-degree room pan, challenge question and digital signature.
- Rules Confirmation: Your proctor will greet you and confirm that you passed your identity verification steps. You’ll review the exam rules with your proctor and they’ll ask to see any permitted resources that OMPT allows you to use during your exam.
- Navigating to the Exam & Password Entry: Your proctor will navigate you to the exam site. You don’t need a password to open your exam and can just click on the Start button.
- Take Your Exam: Read the exam instructions and begin your exam when you’re ready. If you have any issues or questions during the exam, you can ask the proctor via chat box.
Your webcam view and your screen will be recorded through the duration of your exam.